As our founder, Jeff Buckner, put it: “We were acting as fiduciaries before we knew what it legally meant.” Jeff founded the firm based on values he learned from his father and grandfather, and that adherence to integrity and morals has driven the development of Plancorp’s culture as it stands today. We believe in putting our clients’ needs first and keeping their best interests at heart—and we do our best to make sure our actions speak just as loudly as our words.
Our team-based approach benefits clients and employees alike, as it allows new team members to learn from seasoned wealth managers, while ensuring we have the right people at the table to meet each client’s specific needs. All employees are salaried with opportunity for bonuses, based on the success of the firm.
With the majority of our employee shareholders under the age of 50 (and many under 40), Plancorp is committed to giving our employees the opportunity to lead the way into our future.
If this sounds like a culture you’d like to be a part of, please take a look at the open opportunities below or send us your resume with a cover letter noting why you’d be a good fit.
Financial Planning Associate
Plancorp is seeking a Financial Planning Associate to join our growing team. We advocate for clients by proactively guiding them through all aspects of their financial lives. The firm provides comprehensive, holistic financial planning and investment advisory services for individuals, families, business owners, non-profit and institutional clients. We assist clients in articulating meaningful goals and attaining those goals through actions and strategies consistent with their specified values.
Who We Are:
- Nationally recognized fee-only RIA firm
- St. Louis based; in business for over 30 years
- AUM approx. $3.8 billion
Financial Planning Associates are a key component of Plancorp’s wealth management team and support the Wealth Manager’s primary focus of analyzing a high net worth individual’s financial situation and navigating them to their destination. This position requires critical thinking skills and curiosity, plus the ability to work independently, remain flexible to changing priorities, and anticipate firm needs and client questions. In this role you will…
- Collect, organize and synthesize client information.
- Assess prospect or client’s estate, retirement, tax planning and insurance needs.
- Construct and/or review all financial and retirement projections.
- Analyze client’s information to assess estate, retirement, tax planning and insurance needs.
- Coordinate planning recommendations and implement with outside professionals.
- Respond appropriately to clients’ questions and requests.
- Expand the client’s trust in Plancorp by providing exemplary customer service.
What You Bring:
- B.A. or B.S. degree from accredited four-year university; social sciences or business majors preferred.
- Commitment to acting in the clients’ best interests in a fee-only financial planning environment.
- Respect for the confidentiality of client and corporate information.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of investing, including the characteristics and use of various investment securities, the mechanics of securities transactions, and the different types of investment accounts.
- Positive customer-focused attitude.
- Self-motivated to complete responsibilities with little or no supervision.
Why Work With Us?
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from our team of experts, do work that touches people’s lives, and be a part of our unique culture. We take great care of the people who take care of our clients. Comprehensive rewards package includes quarterly bonuses, daily catered lunch and free access to workout facility. Learn more about us or inquire directly by emailing our Chief Talent Officer.